Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saint Josemaria Escriva

Don't say: 'That's the way I'm made... it's my character'.
It's your lack of character: Be a man.

- The Way, Chapter 1, 4
---<--@

In a dream, I saw -
a mighty priest at burial
with glasses, I knew.

We pounded away
at the ashes of the old,
I little, him much.

The greater
work is God's!
---<--@
Saint Josemaria Escriva (19020102-19750626) elect of God, eternal and blessed of the Church, faithful son of Spain, founder of Opus Dei, venerable teacher of the Catholic people, friend to the youth, of the peace of Jesus Christ, of the spirit of Country, holy and mighty companion, one of the principal Saints of my little life.

O mighty teacher, teach me discipline, teach me love, teach me Jesus Christ!