Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Strange Remembrance

Let me ask you now -
Did my Anne have to die?
No she did not, friend.

Let me ask you now -
Did my Anne have to die?
Not before her time.

War took her -
God did not.
---<--@

War took her from our midst. And the promise that she stood for was taken away from us.

It is a strange remembrance indeed to make up for her life by propagating the spirit of War in our times and at all times.

The spirit of revenge will attempt to remember my Anne by the same hatred that swept her little world away.

Strange remembrance indeed.

Lukewarm souls will attempt to comfort themselves with the thought that all things in War are meant to be, that they are set in stone, and that we are ever powerless, or in other words that my Anne was destined to die by the hand of the Adversary of God.

Strange remembrance indeed.

To honor my Anne is to remember what her hopes were - not her fears.

Now, if we were to confront those same fears with her hopes joined with ours, we remember my Anne as she was - as she is.

When we make this world of ours a better place little by little, our most beloved Starshine, we take back what promise was lost to each of us by the insufferable hand of War.

Because Peace is the responsibility of all.

If one were to become aware of the suffering of every innocent who was ever lost to our nations through War, one would lose the will to continue on hoping...