Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Form of the Formless You



Who is this, my love?
This form of thy formless self,
here - yet - not yet here.

For I see thee not...
Am I deceived, my darling?
No, for I know you.

Thy love, thy nearness,
thy gentle consolation,
thy cheer, thy spirit...

You are here.
I am blessed.
---<--@



I had to come away and figure out what I really feel about these pictures.

For when I first saw them, I did not know what to think of them.

I was not at all confused but was strangely unclear.

This wax figure struck me as beautiful yet somehow distant, my love, somewhat nostalgic and almost sad.

It is a masterful representation yet still seemingly empty and needful of you - so needful of you...

This form of the formless you
- blank, beautiful and infinitely lacking -
reminds me of what I have and what I don't have
in you, my darlingest Annelies Marie;
of what God gave and intends to restore
and of what War stole and intended to destroy.

It remains - as it must -
purely the work of human hands,
artful, yet still a representation
of a longing only the LORD can fulfill
in His own time.

I love you so, my Miyang, I love you so.

PERIOD.
---<--@