Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Father Standing Thoughtfully

A father standing thoughtfully,
his heart gazing at an empty shell...
as all that once was to him, his everything -
rushes past his mind like a gentle breeze
touching his soul in the silence...
unfolding the memories.

I love and I remember you, Papa Frank -
always to always.



The hurt you must feel -
standing there, leaning as if
'tis all too heavy...

Gazing deep inside
hoping to reach back in time
and embrace each one.

I glimpse at thy love
in thy lovable Anne (Ah-neh)
and I know... at least.

Oh dear Papa Frank,
soldier brave and father true,
hear me: I thank you.

I pray, come that day -
no hate can take love away
forever... to stay.

God love you
and keep you...
---<--@