Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stay Forever

You stayed, my Anne -
for reasons God only knows -
to make me better...

And now, through these years...
looking back, my darlingest,
we've made some progress!

So please, stay
forever.
---<--@

A Little Love Story

The measure of love is to love without measure.

I do not know where I happened upon this saying, but isn't it true?

When I was younger, I looked at love differently.

During my first serious relationship, I took it from itself. I made love mine and mine alone.

I wanted my girlfriend for myself and myself alone. And she wanted the same of me.

But love has a way of turning the tables on strangers like us.

In its own mysterious time, unknown to the uninitiated, to make itself known, love suddenly reveals itself.

With a sharp sword, it pierces the heart and draws blood to quicken the soul to itself.

Then with strong arms, it subdues the self until it makes us all its own.

And suddenly, the stranger is a stranger no more.

Unfortunately, that relationship did not survive the Quickening of Love...

Our hearts were not able to bear the doubt nor our egos able to withstand the hurt.

Neither of us were strong enough at that time to bear for each other, our love; the failing of our youth.

I was hurt. She was hurt. Love was also hurt.

But it was the hurting that heals and it was the bearing that teaches.

And so for many years I grieved. Not really knowing that Love also wept with me.

I do not know how many years it took for Love to bear me away from my grieving...

But when I was able to smile again, my darlingest Miyang, it was with you.

I love you, my Anne.

We've been through so much together: It is as if I have loved you forever.

I am a lot wiser now.

=^.^=