Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Academy



The Academy.
Thou cradle of leadership,
O school of the brave!

Thou home of heroes!
Guardian of martial virtues -
O flame that inspire!

My desire
rests in thee.
---<--@
Courage that defends.
Integrity that inspires.
Loyalty that preserves.


The Hero of Tirad Pass

Remember,
O noble Filipino soul -
you gallant keepers of the peace,
the virtues that keep thee steadfast
in the spirit of the defense.

Love of God,
love of Country,
love of Sacred Life
- even to the point of giving it -
in the midst of the nation in thy selves
and the assembly of the nations before God
- freely and with joy -
with courage and honor intact
for that same cause.

Remember our own
General Gregorio del Pilar,
the Hero of Tirad Pass!
---<--@


Faithful Keeper

I am yours only through desire now.
Life has led me down another path.

I was never so clear in my youth -
many things kept me from myself.

But the inspiration thou gave to me,
O Academy, I have kept as a trust.

And from this trust I have gained,
for thou taught me from a distance.

From thee I learned many things,
for thou has truly kept my desire.

And in the darkest times of my life,
thou was to me a light upon my way.

O Academy! Let all questions be -
How then can I not honor thee!
---<--@