Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Party of One

I am currently reading "We the Purple" by Marcia Ford.


Inspired by her book, I wrote this -

Party of One

I belong to me.
And to me, the Republic.
I am no fraction.

I think for myself.
I choose according to me.
I am a headache.

I am in motion.
Citizens of the nation.
I am one million.

Hear my vote
I will roar.
---<--@

In the Comedy Central tradition of Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert and other serious Americans, let me follow this up with something funny-serious:

The color of politics in America -


Blue is for Democrat.
Red is for Republican.
Purple is for Independent.

The official party mascots -

Donkey is for Democrat.

Elephant is for Republican.

What is for Independent?

I've always known cats to be akin to vigilance and independence. I have to say, a cat just might be a fitting mascot for the purple heart of America...


But seriously, things have to get fixed. Because dammit, America, I know you're better than this.

I know you're better than this.