Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Choosing the Right

Right recognizes
not that it is right, but the
wrong when it is wrong.

Right reveals the false,
even the false in the self,
to preserve the good.

To be right,
then live it.
---<--@
On Right Action:

Right action is right not because others are wrong. It is right because it follows faithfully the example of Christ:

"When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, 'Lord, what about him?'

Jesus said to him, 'What if I want him to remain until I come? What concern is it of yours? You follow me.'"

- John 21: 21-22

On Fraternal Correction:

"When the Just man corrects me it is kindness. Let him rebuke me–it is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it." (Psalm 141:5)

"He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever heeds correction is honored." (Prov 13:18)

"It is better to heed a wise man’s rebuke than to listen to the song of fools." (Eccl 7:5)