Why 1,575 haikus? Because my darlingest Annelies Marie Frank lived 15.75 years in this world.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Knowing Mom

She's not the best mom
but she's not the worst either.
She's just my mother.

Problems seem many
but she tries her best for me.
I love my mother.

Who's perfect
anyway?
---<--@
This is not my mother. But sometimes I think its darn close.

The beginning of the commandments that regulate human relationships begin within the family institution specifically between mother, father and child (as individual/s).

The Fourth Commandment

What family God picks for you,
our most precious starshine,
you should never question.

Especially your parents
whether by birth or by adoption.

For the wisdom He hath invested
in the souls He had committed
to your nurture, protection, and care
from before you were born.

Believe you must, my beloved,
that God will never desire for you
what is not suitable for your own good.

So love the LORD, trust in Him -
and through this obtain to the truth
that thou shall love and honor thy God,
by remaining true to thy family.

Honor thy father and thy mother -
whom God Himself have provided you -
and you shall prosper.
---<--@

Remember also, dear starshine, that God makes up for what is lacking in our family by our friends.

Each of our friends
who become part of us
by spiritual bonds of truth
are the family that we learn to choose
in the course of each our lives
to complete what our LORD
has begun for us
in our families.

Excerpted from On Friendship